Welcome to the website of the Australasian Association for Information and Communication Technology (AAICT). AAICT is a technical society that brings together academics, students, support staff, technical professionals and their employers and members of the community that have a vested interest in fostering excellence, innovation and community involvement in information and communication technology.
The general mission of AAICT is to improve the quality, relevance and performance of information and communication technology in Australasia. More specifically, the objectives of the Association are to:
- Quantify and make more visible within Australasia the increasing need for innovation and advanced participation in information and communication technology by academia, professionals and the wider community.
- Increase the participation rates of high school leavers in relevant technical fields and training, especially of women and the broader community.
- Promote the development and use of new and innovative approaches to improve the effectiveness of information and communication technology.
- Provide assistance to the educators, especially to the new members of the teaching staff.
- Promote the professional development of members of the technical community.
- Make the Association the focal point for information on all aspects of information and communication technology within Australasia.
- Develop co-sponsorship of the Association by other professional institutions and associations in Australasia.
- Develop global links with similarly minded organisations in other countries.
The 32nd International Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ITNAC) 2022 will be held at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand between 30 Nov-2 Dec 2022. Register a paper and join our community for this major milestone in the conference series.
The International Journal for Information, Communication Technology and Applications (IJICTA) is now looking for papers for the second issue. The journal welcomes papers related to information, communication technology and applications. Help build the impact factor for the associations journal by contributing a high quality paper now.