The general mission of AAICT is to improve the quality, relevance and performance of information and communication technology in Australasia. More specifically, the objectives of the Association are to:
- Quantify and make more visible within Australasia the increasing need for innovation and advanced participation in information and communication technology by academia, professionals and the wider community.
- Increase the participation rates of high school leavers in relevant technical fields and training, especially of women and the broader community.
- Promote the development and use of new and innovative approaches to improve the effectiveness of information and communication technology.
- Provide assistance to the educators, especially to the new members of the teaching staff.
- Promote the professional development of members of the technical community.
- Make the Association the focal point for information on all aspects of information and communication technology within Australasia.
- Develop co-sponsorship of the Association by other professional institutions and associations in Australasia.
- Develop global links with similarly minded organisations in other countries.